22 October 2004

the week

This week has been crappy. The only solace is that it's not just me. The negativity is in the air. Random people all week have been telling me how "it's just been that kind of a day" or bitching about work schedules, horrible co-workers, etc. to me. It's like I've been wearing a bitch to me sign, as if my week hasn't been crappy enough on its own. I think it has something to do with the upcoming holidays, or more likely the horribly hot and sticky weather we have right now even though its late October. I'm ready for the phenomenon to end. I've had as much as I can take of walking around pissed off, cranky, and miserable.

And now I'm feeling hopeful again. Because I always say when it's bad, it has to get better soon (try to ignore the fact that we know this is not always true, it can always get worse). And today I've been making plans and dreaming. I'm working on internship applications. I'm once again excited about the business I've been thinking about for years. I'm going out for shopping (outlet shopping, no less) and dinner with one of my best friends who I never see anymore. I'm baby-sitting my angel (and constant source of inspiration). And I am redoing a birthday that happened earlier in the week (because everyone deserves a non-crappy birthday).

No comments: