16 November 2004

guidance

I don't know much about astrology besides liking to read my horoscope. I've not given too much thought about whether I believe in it or not, but I will say that I am always amazed by how dead on my horoscope is. At least 9 times out of 10 the profile sounds exactly like me, and usually specific preditions can be fitted exactly to something going on in my life. (Although yesterday I was supposed to have good luck in the afternoon and nothing remarkable happened, ooh, maybe figuring blogger out counts!)

Only once I got my tarot cards read in Jackson Square. It was fun. It was after 3 am on a Friday night. The guy was dressed like Louis in the Interview with a Vampire movie but wore his hair down and dark brown. He was nice, but got nothing right. I felt bad for him because I had to answer all his questions with no, or not really, or I can't think of anything that fits in there. I wanted him to be right. But he read my sister first. And it was shocking how much he revealed about her that he couldn't have known. Just chance I guess. I do believe in chance, I also believe in fate, I believe in God, I believe in signs, and in luck, and in intuition, and in going with your gut. And I believe it's up to you to make your life what you want it to be. But I guess a little guidance from the stars can't hurt.

No comments: