30 December 2004

miracles

What a Christmas. I wouldn't expect anything normal from this year, and of course I didn't get it. More snow than I've ever seen in my life. And only the second time in my life that I've ever had actual snow falling on my front lawn, and the first time ever on Christmas day.

We brought the baby out to make snowmen, tiny ones, but snowmen still. We ran around like crazy. We crunched the snow under our boots. We wore scarves and gloves and hats out of need for once not fashion. After dark, we walked to the little park and sat on the swings. We walked hearts in the fresh snow and stamped out initials. We were in love with the snow and the night and Christmas. What a magical holiday. And the start to a perfect week.

A week later we were back to short-sleeved t-shirts, and of course a week before. What a bizarre city to live in.

No comments: