18 December 2007

perfume

i miss my perfume. it was desire for women from alfred dunhill, in a pink bottle. it was going to be my signature perfume for life. i adored it. but they stopped making it years ago... since then, i've been pretty blah about perfume. i wear amorito, a cheap body shop scent because it's the closest i can find to dunhill, but it's a little too simple, too sweet, too vanilla-y, and slightly cheap smelling to be honest.

this post has me dreaming about signature scents again. why did i not know about luckyscent? you can search by ingredients, and order sample sizes and read user reviews. i am definitely going to order the exact friction of stars - the name makes me want to cry and it is pink... even though the reviews are if-y - who wants to smell like burnt candle wax?

and if you know any perfume with a "warm and lingering amber end note" containing "orange, myrtle, rosewood, bergamot" and "tiare flower, rose and freesia bloom into a middle note and soften the amber, which is abundantly present in the end note along with sandalwood, vanilla and caramel," tell me!

1 comment:

Rosa said...

Hiya. Here from our swapbot Blog Love 3! Your perfume sounds quite exotic. (Again, I left this before--so if you have two . . . ) I like Annick Goutal. You can go on her website and see what the notes are. I have to wear citrusy cause I'm so sweet (lol). But I did a quick online search for your "desire" and found it at several online stores. Perhaps it can still be your signature fragrance!! Good luck and nice meeting ya!